Somehow by living in Maryland, I entered this “polar vortex” which basically means to me that I am constantly now cold! It’s rare that I have a house that is quiet and I can take time for me. Usually I’m rushing from one school activity or nurse’s office to get someone. I was hungry for a quick lunch and thankfully I had things already made on hand. I didn’t want to do my usual eat, stand and dash routine and luckily I had some things on hand- cauliflower soup- yes, will post next. Some argula, roasted beets, toasted pine nuts and my meyer lemon vinaigrette.
I wanted grilled cheese, but just didn’t have the time. I cut up some crusty bread, put a couple of thin slices of truffle cheese(so indulgent, I know!) , stuck it in the toaster and joila´, I had the perfect lunch just for me!
- 2 Meyer Lemons, juiced and seeds strained out
- zest from one of the lemons
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- Add all the ingredients together in a blender or small food processor, except the oil. Once incorporated, slowly add a small stream of the olive oil with the blender still running. It will start to emulsify, which really just means thicken. Once the desired consistency is achieved your done!
- You want it to be salad dressing, pourable.
- Put it on your favorite salad! I love it on arugula or kale salad.