It’s still cold here (damn!), so the warm soups are still on the list. As I mentioned before, I started a new cleanse, read the post here, and their website has really great recipes. Although, the directions and ingredient list did not always pair up. No worries, though, because that’s where I could improvise. This soup is so easy and quick! You can literally make this in under 10 minutes and it’s fantastic! My kids kept eating mine! This is all you need:
Saute for another 3-4 minutes, again, until slightly soft. Add the mixture to your blender (or Vitamix!), add vegetable broth and blend until smooth. Top with your favorite pesto. In my case, I love this mixture sold in my local Mom’s store by Heba’s Health Foods. I may even try to replicate this soon!
- 1 TBS. coconut oil, an additional TBS. more to add at the end.
- 1 large leek, cleaned and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6-8 large carrots, chopped or about 2 cups
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 a carton of vegetable broth
- Scoop out 1 TBS. of coconut oil and drop into your soup pot.
- Add your cleaned and chopped leek and minced garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add your chopped carrots and sauté for another 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the salt and stir contents.
- **Add your vegetable stock to the pot and heat the liquid.
- Carefully add your hot ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- **For a Vitamix, add your leeks & carrot mixture to the container and then add about 1/2 the carton of veggie stock. Set to soup function and blend away until creamy and smooth.